Saturday, December 19, 2009

Happy Holidays


Fact: Hanukkah ends Dec 19. Kwanzaa starts the 26th, Bodhi Day was on Dec 6th. Hijra was on the 18. Yule will be on the 21st.
This is why I usually say "Happy holidays" as a standard personal salutation this time of year. Its an expression of my desire for the person receiving my greeting...I want you to have a happy holiday season.
 



No matter what holiday your celebrating or if no holiday is celebrated, I genuinely want you to have a happy time this season. Really. I do.

In our culture it has become a season where people of all beliefs and unbelief’s take a break from work and school, spend a bit more time with the family and friends, exchange gifts to express love for one another, and it’s just a joyous time for people no matter the religion or non-religion. I like that.
 So Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas or Joyous Yule or Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwanzaa or Happy Rohatsu.

No comments: